Monday to Friday 7am – 7pm
Saturday 9am – 1pm
Acupuncture has a cumulative effect and it is important to stick with a treatment plan. For quickest results, it is important to follow lifestyle and dietary advice closely.
Free Spirit Acupuncture & Wellness Center participates in the majority of the area’s health insurance programs, including the Veterans Choice Program. Each insurance plan is different; to avoid surprises, we recommend you contact your provider in advance of your first visit (see section below FINDING OUT IF YOU ARE COVERED for key questions to ask). Free Spirit Acupuncture & Wellness has experienced staff that will submit claims to your insurance provider and work with you and your insurance provider to determine any out-of-pocket expenses including deductibles, co-pays, coinsurance and non-covered serviced Contact us at 724-774-8729 for guidance.
FINDING OUT IF YOU ARE COVERED
If you are unsure if your insurance covers acupuncture, contact your provider and ask:
- Is acupuncture covered by my plan? The answer should be either Yes or No. If the answer is No, your insurance company will not pay for acupuncture treatment. If the answer is Yes, your insurance company may pay for your acupuncture treatment, but additional details are needed – see below additional questions to ask.
- Is a referral required from my Primary Care Provider (PCP)?
- Is reimbursement limited to a particular network or panel of providers?
- Is reimbursement limited only to Medical Doctors (MD) who perform acupuncture and not applicable to licensed acupuncturists?
- Is pre-authorization required?
- Am I limited to specific diagnosis codes (only specific sessions)? If so, what are they?
- Is there an annual deductible? If so, how much is the deductible? How much has been met? Is there an out of pocket max? If so, how much and the amount already met.
- If I am covered for acupuncture, then may I receive written proof/authorization?
- Is there a maximum yearly allowance for acupuncture? Maximum number of visits? Specific dollar amount? What percentage is covered?
Additional Notes: It’s important to know that insurance companies offer many different policies with a variety of different benefits. Two plans from the same health insurance company will often have very different coverage, even if they look the same on the surface. Similarly, knowing the name of your insurance company alone does not help specify whether you have acupuncture coverage. Determining that information would require asking the questions above to investigate your specific policy.
If additional help is needed, please feel free to call the clinic. We are happy to assist in any way we can. 724.774.8729